Common additional earnings an employer may add to an employee’s payroll include bonuses, tips, and commission. Employers can also create a custom earing type and name it whatever they like. Custom earnings are treated as supplemental wages that are separate from regular wages.
With PayWow, you can create one or many custom earning types for an employee. Custom earning types are available for all employees on all payroll runs. Check out the steps below to learn how to add a custom earning type to your PayWow payroll:
From your account dashboard, navigate to the directory tab and select employee.
2. From your employee directory list, select the employee’s profile you wish to add a custom earning.
3. Within the job details tab of the employee’s profile, select the blue plus sign that says “Add Additional Earning.”
4. From the “Name of the Earning” drop-down menu, select “Add Custom Earning.”
5. Enter the details for the custom earning and click save
Name of the earning
Will it be considered a minimum wage adjustment?
6. Once you’ve entered the information and clicked save, the custom earning will be successfully created and included on your payroll.